Sunday, January 11, 2015

Books

We are waiting with bated breath for the arrival of the books. I have to say one matter of disconcern has been trying to find out how much customs will actually charge us once the books are actually in the country, and the letter I wrote to customs got an exceptionally long reply with no clear cut answer- even the customs agent cannot exactly tell us what it will be.....until they arrive. It has certainly been a learning curve, self publishing, that is for sure!

However it is still possible to pre-order the book if you are in Australia ,prior to the 19th of January the expected arrival time for the books. If you pre-order and pay prior to 19 January, a small gift will also be yours. The cost of the book is $49.95 and shipping in Australia is $15 ( express post satchel), making a total of $64.95. It is impossible to send pre-orders overseas because of the ridiculously high postage costs for posting things overseas from Australia. Email me if you would like to pre-order.

So some more pages from the book....



The shine on the pages is from the flash of my camera, sorry about that- the pages are actually sating finish.

The page on the left  also shows one of the hand made pages I have been making for the hand made books that were part of the Pozible fundraiser- stitching on khadi paper inspired by the photograph- looking out toward the see from Mont St Michel.I see it differently each one I make, the nuance of mood and light.










I have also been dyeing some fabric in preparation for printing more dragons and other things...

The reds in particular enjoyed the humid hot air whilst I was dyeing- the red literally jumped onto the cloth!
And a corner of my studio at Appleton Street Studios in Richmond. I am still getting used to having a space separate in which to work and create. I have always worked from home. And things are still finding their space as well, but it is coming together and I am finding that spending time there has its own rhythm, something I have to get used to. You are welcome to come and visit. There is now also a dedicated Gallery space with an exhibition on at present- it is open most days.

And there is still time to join the Form and Variation on-line class. It's a years worth of exploration and finding ways to explore a form or shape and come up with a small body of work relating to that  form or shape. It could be anything, leaves. tea cups or teapots, flowers, windows, doorways, trees, fruit, whatever you like and would like to explore further. I will be providing lots of ideas for exploration, and hopefully at the end you will create on large piece inspired by your explorations as well as a number of studies. And even though I work in textile this is not strictly limited to those in textile. The cost is $100 and the course will start on 4 February and will run until 2016. I will provide monthly idea generators during that time, and of course we will have a discussion group. Email me if you would like to join or see the rough guide.

1 comment:

Monique 78 said...

I'm looking forward to reading your book, but I know I'll wait a bit longer for it as I live in France ! And the newly posted photos make me impatient.
Hope to see you soon in Europe.