Friday, May 17, 2013

Quilt-In at Geelong

I made an error in my previous post about the dates for the Travellers' Blanket  on-line class- it will start on 17 June 2013 not 2014 as I said in the post. I have fixed the error.

This last year I have been president of the Geelong  Patchworker & Quilters Guild, and one of our fun activities is to have our Quilt-in day which is tomorrow 18 May 2013. Here are the details:

 

Quilt-In
Saturday 18 May 2013 from 9.30 am until 4.00 pm
at  the South Barwon Civic Centre ( cnr of Reynolds rd & Princess Hwy Belmont-Melway map 465 E3

Deborah Brearley will speak in the morning program
Michelle Hill will speak in the afternoon program
Our Challenge is Rainbow hats
Travelling exhibition of Marrakech quilts and plenty of show and tell

Cost $10 per head but bring your own lunch and mug- morning and afternoon tea will be provided
We have 7-8 Traders, so plenty of choice to stock up for winter quilting projects!

Anyone is welcome- the more the merrier- lets all be inspired , as we have great speakers, there will be trading tables , there will be plenty of show and tell or in the words of Auntie Jack " I will rip their bloody arms orf" at the next meeting if there isn't! And please if you turn up as a result of seeing this on my blog- come and say hello to me.

And I have been doing some dyeing, though my hot water service dyeing wasn't terribly helpful in that process, thankfully it's fixed now- and I am looking forward to a nice hot shower rather than the lukewarm pretend showers of the  last few weeks!. I have also  been doing a bit of stitching- another version of Bali- my friends cat.



1 comment:

wlstarn said...

Love the cat!