Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tour Finished- Reflections

Well the tour of France is finished- we saw a lot despite the weather- rain and wind!I hope people had a lovely time....
So some  reflections from the last 4-5 days.......
Roses in the window of the loveliest rose shop, just behind our hotel in Paris.

Black tulips in Monet's garden in Giverny.

 Just the loveliest view through one of the windows of the ruined Jumiege Abbey.
 Perfect little cakes in a shop window in Rouen.
 Looking seawards from le Mont Saint Michel.
 Copper pots at Chenonceau Castle- I loved seeing the kitchens in the castle! And I loved the little maze/labyrinth in the gardens- but I did not photograph it so it shall remain my secret!
Silk embroidery in the hallway of Blois Castle- it was very large.

5 comments:

Felicity said...

it looks blissful!

Jeann of Melton said...

We are always told that in many parts of France that ANZAC Day is acknowledged. Did you notice?

bois-fleurie said...

You visited so many interresting places,thanks for the photos you have posted. I have asked around and most people here in Vindefontaine say Anzac day is not celebrated.They know about the battle but thats all.

Blank said...

Paris is amazing place

Sewjournal said...

Reminds me of my tour down the Loire when I was 20. I visited so many beautiful Chateaux and alas I have not one photograph - they were kept my touring partner and never returned.