Saturday, October 09, 2010

Back from Barcelona

I had a wonderful time in Barcelona- and did  not really do any of the touristy things. First of all i was teaching so that took up time, but also because I stayed in Sarria, which once was a village in the hills outside the centre of Barcelona, but which is well and truly part of Barcelona now . I really enjoyed sensing the city as the locals might instead of the great tourist whirlygig. So i walked, drank coffee and the occasional glass of wine, ate food with the locals and looked. I did go into the centre so see La Pedrera, but there was a queue and I couldn't be bother waiting in the queue so I headed back to Sarria.


This was the little courtyard of the apartment where I stayed. I think the big citrus tree looked to be a clementine tree. The tiled water trough boasted tiles dating from the 17th century which had been rehabilitated form an old kitchen.
This photograph is of a building on Carrer La Provenca.I just happened to notice it when I walked past it and of course could not resist looking and taking a photo- I was very quickly told this was not allowed though I am not exactly sure why- possible to stave off the tourist hordes?


The footpath tiles near la Pedrera- inspiration enough even without the famous building!

And I have been sewing like the blazers since being back on the Gypsy blanket #2. Here you can clearly see the contrast of stitched areas as opposed to non-stitched areas.The stitching simply adds so much extra interest and texture.... Still a lot fo stitching to go and on Monday i have to drive to the Evry. There are still places in the class at Palaisseau- if anyone is interested.

6 comments:

Monique 78 said...

Nice reading from you. Your pics from Barcelonna and the country are inspiring and I like the stitching of your new blanket. Hope to see it in 2 weeks

Radka said...

The place you stayed in looks very nice, as does your other picture. Looking forward to your Gypsy blanket:)

Helmi said...

My son went this afternoon to Barcelonna whit school.
grt, Helmi

Catherine G 78 said...

What a pity you did not have time to visit Barcelona. Not even a look at "la Sagrada Familia" ??? I'm sure you would have loved it as el parque Guell.
I, too, hope to see your new blanket in two weeks. You always have your suitecase full of "surprises"
Catherine G 78

**Ranii** said...

no doubt a very creative lady u are,,,i saw all of your creations and handmade items.

well i wish u donate some of your hand art and your creativity to the flood victims in pakistan,,so that GOD give u a much reward 4 your act of kindness
well said:
"If nature has made you a giver, your hands are born open, and so is your heart. And though there may be times when your hands are empty, your heart is always full, and you can give things out of that.”

-Frances Hodgson Burnett

Take Time to DO CHARITY ...
It is the key to heaven...
Thnx

aunzcat said...

A different approach to Barcelona. Thanks!

Joan
The Australian New Zealander Catalan Society (www.aunz.cat)