Saturday, October 02, 2010

Another Gypsy Blanket

When I was at carrefour Europeen du patchwork i  was asked so many times whether the gypsy blanket I made for Aurifil was  for sale that i decided I would make another one, as I also need some larger pieces for our exhibition at le Clastre  in Le Triadou at the end of the month.

So I have been printing fabric for use, stitching the  fabric down and then free hand satin stitching it ( with  the open toed embroidery foot). I am free handing it because I like the slight unevenness of the line and well it just looks a bit more hand made.But it does take forever to do- detail stitching will go in tomorrow. I made a total hash of the backing, not sure what i was thinking, but it wasn't good, so will have to trip the whole back away from the stitched lines and then put on a new back.In the image above you can see the difference in the way it looks before stitching.


1 comment:

Monique 78 said...

I'm looking forward to the detail stitching. I'm still impressed by your dyed and painted fabrics.