Saturday, July 31, 2010

On my Walk This Morning.



I have no hope of not going for a walk in the morning. The dog is waiting at my door at 6.30 am- waits impatiently for my ablutions and whilst i don walking shoes, and then with great energy pulls me along the little roads of the village across the bigger main road past the village, she looks left and right ( am I imagining this but is the dog really that clever?) and hurtles up the track into the vineyards- then I let her off the leash and she races and runs like something possessed checking every once in a while to make sure I am still following.Today was especially fun , the rabbits seem to be home for the weekend as well- oh what fun to go hightailing through the vineyard chasing bunnies! I enjoy the early morning light on Pic St Loup, watch the growing grapes, keep an eye on the almond tree and plum tree- not quite ripe yet but any day...marvel at snails attached to thin stalks,admire that weeds can make such interesting flowers, back along the country road past the water fountain with it's modern tap trapped within an older shell, and so home, 5 kms later. What a start to the day!!

now to work!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Diane Kelsey said...

What wonderful views for you on your walk. I am looking forward to being able to go on long walks with my puppy soon. Lovely fields and woodland locally but not quite as adyllic as your walks.

Unknown said...

That post was poetry! I only wish here in Hobart! The sun is up at about 7.30 and it it way too cold to be out walking (there are the diehards out there but not me).

Ta for the visualisation!

PS How is KISS coming along?

Hugz

vivian said...

I too have a "living" alarm clock. Mine starts moaning by the edge of the bed. Hard to resist! Love your pics-I need to start taking my camera.

Joei Rhode Island said...

Lovely way to start the day...Clears the mind of cobwebs and starts the blood a-flowing. Glad you can enjoy the 'simple' joy and beauty of life.

lisette said...

sounds blissful :)

Fiona Wright said...

Wow, what beautiful place to be....:)

susan christensen said...

Wonderful living alarm clocks! I start every day walking my girl, Flossy, a very energetic sheltie.

patricia said...

J'aime tes promenades matinales...
J'aime le matin : être le seul maitre de son réveil et de ses suites... J'aime être seule pour voir le soleil, caresser mon chien, dire à mon cheval je suis là... J'aime ces matins sans horaire : les jeunes sont "sortis" de la dépendance...mais vite ... le temps me prend dans son vol... et je n'aime pas...Pour citer un proverbe : "l'avenir appartient à ceux qui se lèvent tôt"

Hugs, Pat