Friday, July 02, 2010

Magical Barcelona


Last Monday and Tuesday I made a flying visit to Barcelona and Cadaques with the cousins of my friend here in le Triadou. I was to be their guide. We had a wonderful time- marvelled at Gaudi and his seemingly limitless imagination and at the Gothic quarter, ate some  lovely tapas. The next morning we were up bright and early as our hotel was not far from Parc Guell- so we were able to visit without hardly another soul there. Was able to visit one of the gate houses at the parc- and fell in love with the blue of some of the rooms- i want some of that blue in some future house I may live in! Comment overheard whilst waiting outside Casa Batlo..."Welll i won't be redecorating my house in a hurry that's for sure..." I did check to see if we were on the same planet- apparently so....


I taught last Friday and Satruday at Centre Europeen du Patchwork in Salelles d'Aude. We took a quick trip to a little town called le Somail which has the most wonderful Libraire with all second hand books.Of course i found a book ( could  have spent a whole day there i think...) on Gravure in the 20th century.It was a period when printing changed  and many new methods of printing emerged. Imagine my delight when on a visit last Sunday to the Rocquefort caves we stopped at the Museum in Lodeve to look at an exhibition of Gaugin and the Nabis- to encounter some of the prints in person. I just can't get over the serendipity of such things sometimes...

. I have had a number of requests via email as to when I am running my On-line Linocutting course again. So now is the time! I will start it on the 14th of July- because I am in France! The cost is 40 Euros or $54 US. The course extends over 6 weeks with fortnightly instalments  of the lessons delivered in pdf format. I set up a group  to share your experiences and to trouble shoot any problems you may encounter. The lessons progress from mark making with the tools to more complex image cutting, using your photos as inspiration, and  colour printing.I can be paid via Paypal- just email me for details.

And finally - something vaguely textile/well fibrous anyway........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a dream of mine to visit Barcelona.

ann vanherle said...

Barcelona blijft nog altijd een van mijn lievelingssteden. Heb er al veel inspiratie gevonden.
groeten ann

patricia said...

Hi Dijanne! Glad that after the cold Switzerland you went to Barcelona... I went there once and I'm ready to go back!!!! Loved Gaudi...but your blue pictures are realy blue, mine had more colors(not all, blue was the first color I "sentir" in his work). Tapas...AIEAIEAIE!!!! and in the small path of the old town I discovered some tresors(beads,gallons, broderies et autres...at 11pm!!!)Thank you for the class you gave in switzerland