Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Finally Making Some Progress




I must admit to feeling rather flat these last few weeks and haven't achieved anything I set out to do. So today I made a determined effort to do something as I find that usually gets the ball rolling.I have also been thinking I would love to work with someone else around to help push through barriers- but there is no one really near where I live who is involved in the kind of stuff I do. I could do with some brainstorming and enthusiasm!

I did teach at Bairnsdale on the weekend and that was fun-we used the community house to do the workshops and this was the community house vegie patch which was enclosed in netting. This is because the birds are numerous and destroy almost any food crops. I would love to have a vegie garden under cover like this one. I did manage to put in all my vegies- it's only a small patch, but everything has been planted and mulched with pea straw- so hopefully things will grow!

Have made a little progress on 72 More Ways- my machine is not in a co-operative mood and I can't work out why- maybe when she realises it's on for earnest now she will think differently of it!
Oh and I keep forgetting but all the My Place quilts are now on the website ( The quilts are from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa). They will be coming back to Australia soon for exhibition at the Australian Quilt Convention - where i am also teaching in late February.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Gerrie said...

Can't wait for the next book. I have been using your first one this week!!

The WestCountryBuddha said...

Yes, I've found the first book very useful too and it sits beside my machine in case inspiration fails me! Good luck with the second, I shall look forward to seeing it. I know what you mean about having someone else to "push through the barriers" (a good way of putting it!) as I've been missing being in touch with like minded people since leaving the Leamside group. It's so nice just to have people to chat to about what you're doing etc. Still, have to content myself with a blog! Good luck also with the veggies.

Anonymous said...

Like you, I am 52 years of age and also live fairly close by, in Port Campbell. I have been following your blog for about six months - basically, ever since I discovered blogging - have even started my own blog now, albeit not very exciting. At my daughter's right now, so will get in touch again through my own blog.

Clare Wassermann said...

Hi I love your Lutrador work and can you tell me what sort of machine you use? x