Thursday, June 12, 2008

Village Scene Finished!


I have finally finished the village scene. I ened up painting the houses with silver iridescent shiva sticks in order to lighten them up in the moonlight and that seems to have made the houses much more apparent. I had wanted to dye the other scene but realised that the scene had stars and a moon-hardly a daytime scene.So I will have to paint another scene.

And my slab looks like it's coming- the rio and water proofing course has been laid. So fingers crossed that the slab will actually go in this weekend- and when it's dry I shall finally have somewhere to work and live and I can get on with my art.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful village scene you have made, I like those stitched "eyes-on-sticks" along the houses. It seems that they watch over the village in order to keep it peaceful.

lisette said...

wow - that looks amazing. like rapture, if you know what i mean

will keep everything crossed for slab pouring

Sue Krekorian said...

Glorious! It's worked out so beautifully, full of atmosphere.

Anonymous said...

I told you I loved the atmosphere of this scene; what can I write now? The idea of painting the houses in silver is fantastic; this is a real "arabian night"

creativelenna said...

This is a very beautiful fabric piece full of movement and light. I love your layers of colour and your stitching. It's an extraordinary piece!

Yours creatively, Lenna Andrews ::: Avon CT
http://www.alittlecreativespace.com

annette emms said...

Hi! I so enjoyed stopping by your blog.
The piece you have just finished has a very special atmosphere,beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! The silver on the houses is perfect...composition wonderful. A truly beautiful "Arabian Nights"
Mary Ann (proud owner of one of your "coral variations"