Thursday, August 23, 2007

Voila! Printed fabric

 

 

 

 


I traced the pattern onto the lino with a sharp instrument and then cut the pattern into the lino. I printed onto cotton and habutai with textile printing ink ( Trapsuutjies). I like the effect on the habutai- the softness of the fabric contrasting nicely with the "hardness" of the pattern. I can see dense hand stitching in the areas that are orangey/pink- or perhaps dense machne stitching- so that the pattern stands out as relief. I am still thinking about it. The linocut I made is a bit different to the original woodblock which looks as if it is an outline block and the different parts of the pattern would have been painted in different colours. Damascenes decorated everything and were highly skilled in painterly effects. It may even be a block to print onto ceramics and again different sections of the print would have been painted in different colours.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Joyce said...

What an amazing job you have done! It looks wonderful. I can't wait to see it quilted.

Vicki W said...

That stamp is really lovely!

Leanne Hurren said...

Gorgeous print block Dijanne. I have been working with lino a bit lately - do you always transfer your images onto the lino in this way? Are you using a craft knife as your sharp instrument?

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is a great reproduction of the design. You are very talented!!

Shirley Goodwin said...

I must get into this more when I get organised. Due to financial necessity, I won't have as much time for creating though (sigh). Can't have everything I guess - wish I had a rich patron who would support me so I could spend all day creating !

This reminds me of your pomegranates.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dijanne

I don't think any technique related to textile exists that you don't master, these lino-type and printed fabric are most wondeful, even more beautiful than the queen's tile.
I've finally got the pomegranate postcard, it is so lovely that I can't take my eyes from it. Thank you so much.
All my good thoughts are for you.

Digitalgran said...

I love what you are doing with the tile.

uzair gohar said...

Printed Fabric Label contain a brand logo and other material information directly onto the fabric of your choice. https://anwarindustries.co/printed-fabric-label/