Monday, December 11, 2006

Trying to Find the Festive Spirit


I seem to have toally mislaid the festive spirit- but have to find it as there are kids here anxiously awaiting what Santa will bring despite the fact that they have been snooping in the cupboard!

I made this journal cover for a journal to give to a friend who is going overseas tomorrow.I had forgotten how close Christmas is- and well journals are handy when travelling. Oh and when you click on the image nearly always a larger image will come up in a new window.

I will be updating my picturetrail site with new work soon ( or this years work all grouped in one place)- I will link it here when I have done it- it will have new work for sale. I am going through the almost obligatory agonising of raising enough funds to take the latest exhibition Sense of Place to Syria and France. I did get some funding but I still need to cover my hotel accommodation in a very modest hotel in Syria whilst I am there.I think what I need is a patron given funding is so difficult to get!

And I have really got to get into some quilt making! As i need a lot of work for my exhibtion I am having next year in France at La Bourboule from March until September 2007- all up I need about 30 pieces- that is a lot!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

You are going to be a busy girl! I am sure that fund raising must be the most difficult part of what you are doing an time-consuming as well. Good luck in both endeavors.

Nikki said...

Hi Dijanne. I was hoping to buy a copy of your book (72 Ways Not to Stipple...) but I must be a bit dense this evening as I can't find your email anywhere. Could you please contact me at gamrey@centurytel.net? Thanks!