Monday, February 28, 2005

The Village Where Sandy Lives


Bare branches Posted by Hello
When I come to England I often stay with Sandy and Simon in a little village in Cambridgeshire. This morning the church bells rang- it threatened to snow several times, and I thought I would share some images of the village. There are a few old thatched cottages, their windows so low to the ground that you think people must look out of their windows through their kneecaps. The trees are just about the burst into bud, but meanwhile the bare branches create wonderful shapes against the background sky. These things are all a novelty coming from Australia.We have a little church in the town where I lived but it was sold and has been turned into a house, there is no thatch and most of our trees are evergreen- except of course the European trees that have been planted.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Thanks for sharing the pics of England.