Thursday, January 27, 2005

Thunder Down Under


thunder down under Posted by Hello

Last night we had an amazing thunderstorm, and at the end of it the light was all golden and coppery and this rainbow arched over our garden. It must have been building all day, th echildren were really fractious- but today two have gone to school!
The lace below is a detail of Letters from Home. It is made from a print of one of my grandmothers' letters to my mother. I always remember letters from home making us homesick- it brought home the awning gap of a home on the other side of the world, and even in todays world of jetting about it is still a long way! I have finished the catalogue and if anyone is interested I can send it as a word document. There are no pictures of the lace however- really more of an explanation of the narrative.

5 comments:

Becky said...

I've really enjoyed the pictures of the landscape around you. It's particularly nice to know that it's summer there, even thought it's cold and rainy here. I'm definitely ready for a change of seasons, LOL.

Sophie said...

I would love to see the catologue!! I've keen to find aout more about the inspiration and story behind your fabulous lace works.

Sophie said...

Thanks - doing that now - I'm in Melbourne so not so far...

arlee said...

I'd like a copy of that too please!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

That is a beautiful picture Dijanne. Would make a great quilt! Hope your trip is great. The lace I've seen so far is amazing, and as unlike lace as I could imagine.